Check out Rector's Page for latest notes.
For Holy Cross Church Buildings and Fabric, check out Fabric
For Nature Notes click on:- Nature Notes
Our normal Parish Eucharist taken from Common Worship is on all Sundays at 9.30am except the 2nd Sunday which is our special Open Doors Service at 10am and is a more family oriented form of worship.
In addition on the 1st, 3rd & 5th Sundays we have Junior Church in the Belmont Centre from 9.30am to 11am which is run by Sarah Widdowson.
For those of you who prefer services from the Book of Common Prayer, we are currently doing the following:-
8am Sunday Morning Said Eucharist (No music)
5.30pm Sunday Evensong together with Holy Cross Church Choir.
Holy Cross Children's Choir runs during school term time in the Belmont Centre every Thursday 4.15pm to 5pm and is managed by Sarah Widdowson.
Holy Cross Church Choir practice meet on Thursdays at 7pm in the church. Please come along if you would like to sing.
Chatty Cafe in Belmont Centre Times:-
- 2nd Friday of each Month with Snack Lunch 10.30 - 12.30
- Last Friday of each month 10.30 -12.30 with Light Lunch
It would be appreciated if you could sign the sheet (available in Holy Cross Church Sunday mornings or speak to Rhian or Judith) so that numbers are known for the craft sessions and also the lunches.
Welcome to Holy Cross Church Uckfield
Welcome to our website of Holy Cross Church Uckfield which is part of the Uckfield Plurality with the Church of St Michael and All Angels at Little Horsted and the Church of St Margaret at Isfield. We also have the sheltered accommodation of St Saviour's on Framfield Road Uckfield. We are part of the Diocese of Chichester of the Church of England.
A Message from the Rector, Father John Wall
Welcome to Holy Cross Church Uckfield!
Holy Cross is a welcoming, active, and forward – looking church, wholeheartedly serving the community of our Town, providing solace, support, family & friendship.
We have reverted to our normal Parish Eucharist on Sundays at 9.30am. Please note that on 2nd Sundays this is the Open Doors Service which starts at the later time of 10am. For more detail check out the Services Tab. This is still subject to some COVID restrictions (See below).
We offer a substantial children’s ministry through our fun & vibrant “Open Doors” Family Service, Messy Church, Junior Church , Children’s Choir & Holiday Club as well as offering fellowship, support and events for all ages. Of these our Open Doors Family Service is on the second Sunday of the month at 10am; Junior Church is on the 1st, 3rd and 5th Sundays of the month with no Junior Church on the 2nd & 4th Sunday.
Women's Ministry in the Diocese and in the Uckfield Plurality
The Dean of Women's Ministry has recently been appointed and is the Reverend Helen Garratt of St Peter's Brighton. The Assistant Dean of Women's Ministry is our own Reverend Martha Mutakani who is Associate Vicar of Isfield.
Latest Measures for COVID19 Holy Cross Church Uckfield
- Holy Cross Church has now left the wearing of masks during services down to personal choice.
- You are requested not to attend Church services if you
have not received the latest COVID-19 vaccinations. Exceptions to this are children aged under 12
and those children aged 12-17 who have only had one
COVID-19 vaccination so far.
- We request, please, that no-one who has a Positive test result for COVID19 should attend church services.
- Sanitiser will remain available at the door and will be encouraged.Holy Communion is now available in both kinds (Bread and Wine). It is entirely your choice whether you have both bread and wine, or just bread or neither.
- Congregational Singing will take place and masks are optional
- The Junior Church will take place in the Belmont Centre. The Junior Church will come into church towards the end of the main service and sit in the front pews which will be reserved for them.
- The management of COVID19 with respect to life events with larger groups attending such as Baptisms, Weddings and Funerals will depend on the families involved: we will encourage them to follow our recommendations, but the responsibility for this remains with them. Government guidance regarding Weddings and Funerals has been updated.
- These measures are constantly being reviewed.
Phone Times for Non-Urgent Calls
A Pretty Please Request from the Churchwardens: Please could more effort be made to respect the working hours of us all with regard to emails, texts and phone calls for non-urgent matters?
We have had an outbreak of contacts made after 11 pm at night – beyond any of our remits – whether we are working voluntarily or paid. Lynne’s office hours are printed above and appear on the back of the Grapevine and also in the Link magazine.
As much as we love you all – some respect needs to be in place, please.
If it is URGENT – a very different matter. Thank you. Dee and John P.
The Work of Holy Cross Church
Can You Help Holy Cross Church?
If you feel you could contribute financially to the continuing work of Holy Cross Church please click on this link which goes to our "Just Giving" Account.
Note the PRAYER tab
This has currently got some lockdown prayers which Father John found from Fr James Lyons, Archdiocese of Wellington, New Zealand.
By viewing our website your IP address, browser details, times of visits, etc. may be logged and used for statistical purposes, network security and fraud prevention. This helps us to monitor how effectively the site is working. Be assured that we never profile normal visitors to the site or invasively monitor them. The statistical data will be used by ourselves and may also be used by our website provider to help provide the service. The legal basis for processing this information is Legitimate Interest.
For GDPR information go to GDPR - please click on this link.
Charity Commission Information
Please note that we are registered with the Charity Commission and our Charity Number is 1137746.